100 W. 10th Av
Janice Stanger, PhD
Jim and Leah - EVEN Members, Donors and Volunteers
It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we do not do. Moliere, French playwright, actor (1622 - 1673)
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
Kelly - EVEN Volunteer and Supporter
Dave - EVEN Member and Volunteer
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. - Thomas Jefferson
Please visit our sponsors!
Click on their logos below.
Be creative and find the kind of activism that fills your soul. Maybe you're an artist, a musician (write a song!), a baker (make vegan cupcakes!), an accountant, a chemist (how 'bout creating the new vegan cheese!), a sociologist (what makes people tick?), a teacher, a gardener, a web designer, a writer – wherever your talents lie and whatever fills your heart, the movement needs YOU! - Matt Bear
Read EVEN's exclusive interview with Matt Here.
As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
Stacey Willits Photography
EVEN volunteers come in all shapes and sizes, all food preferences, and various backgrounds.
The most important thing EVEN looks for in a volunteer, however, is support of and alignment with what EVEN is working to accomplish. Great things, as we've seen, can be achieved when we're all on the same page.
After that, whatever your talents, EVEN is sure to have a place for your volunteer time and energies at some point or another.
- We always need help setting up for events.
- We frequently need help tabling to distribute literature and answer questions. We could even use a Project Leader to arrange and manage tabling opportunities throughout the year.
- We especially appreciate help when we are pamphleting down town, at the library, or on campuses.
- There are a variety of phone projects available if you're comfortable talking to people.
- Office support is an on-going need---secretarial, administrative, filing, record-keeping, even collating and folding literature.
- Project leaders/Social Directors are needed for arranging and managing dine outs on a regular basis.
- Special Events Coordinators are needed throughout the year to arrange the details for special events such as, Earth Day, Great American Meat Out, World Vegetarian Day, Summer Vegan Picnic, Thanksgiving, and others.
- Volunteers willing to help us hang posters around town prior to upcoming events is a steady need.
- Membership/Welcoming Committee volunteers needed more and more as EVEN grows.
Robert and Monica Jean tabling for EVEN in downtown Eugene on Vegan Awareness Weekend.
Just email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a rough idea of the amount of time you might be able to volunteer. We have ongoing projects if you can commit longer range, and we have short-term projects if your time and schedules are more limited time.
Better 'A Little For Sure, Than A Lot With A Maybe'
It is essential to the success of any organization for a volunteer to be able to commit to the time s/he promises. We'd rather have a volunteer take on a smaller or shorter-range task and be able to commit to it, than try to handle a larger project and not be able to see it through.
So it's ok if your contribution to us is smaller in scope or shorter-range. As long as we can rely on you to carry it out. Besides, EVEN believes there are no small contributions. Everyone plays an important role in all events in which they choose to participate! Thanks!
Thank You For Considering EVEN
Everyone has a busy schedule, so we can be as flexible as you can be flexible, and together perhaps we can get even(!) more done than we have in the past.
We are very appreciative of your offers of help and we thank you for considering this possibility. And the animals and the planet thank you, too!